Chakras are wheels of light in the human energy field that distribute the energy which supports the functioning of the body, mind and emotions. If there is too much or too little energy flowing through a particular chakra, this will have a negative impact on the functions associated with that chakra. The benefit of balancing your chakra system is to feel at your optimum level as a whole: mind, body and spirit in harmony. When all parts of your chakra centers are communicating equally and working in alliance with each other, you will have little or no energy disorders.
Holy Fire Karuna Reiki gently and profoundly assists in shifting energy blocks in the chakras which promotes a healthy flow of energy within each one and an overall balance throughout the body.When an ailment, disease or distress manifests in an area of your body, this means a block or weakness has developed in one or more of your chakras. By identifying and understanding the way your different body parts relate to your energetic wheels, you can easily address the energetic source of physical, emotional, mental and yes even spiritual ailments.
The 7 Main Chakras
The Root Chakra Represents our foundation, feeling of being grounded, safe and enough. (Enough Time, Money & Energy.)
- Location Area: Base of spine in tailbone area. Can affect physical pain hips, knees, thighs and lower.
- When Imbalanced: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
The Sacral Chakra Our creativity or feeling connected. Self acceptance, self worth, healthy libido and creating healthy emotions and life.
- Location Area: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel, physically connected to the reproductive organs and low back.
- When Imbalanced: Creative blocks (artistic or reproductive), unforgiveness, guilt, shame, low self worth, feelings of being a victim to life circumstances, lack of or overabundance in emotions, addictions of any kind, codependency.
The Solar Plexus Chakra Our ability to be happy, confident, in control of our lives and sovereignty of our own energy.
- Location Area: Upper abdomen in the stomach area. Relates to digestive organs (how we digest our emotions and thoughts.)
- When Imbalanced: overwhelmed, frustrated, angry, stomach pain or food intolerances, diarrhea, constipation, depression, feelings of powerlessness or uncertainty of how to take action.
The Heart Chakra Our ability to give and receive love…in thoughts, actions and feelings in balance.
- Location Area: Center of chest just above the heart, connecting to area around lungs, shoulders, upper arms, shoulder blades, back of the heart.
- When Imbalanced: shortness of breath, anxiety, chest ailments such as asthma or coughing, sore upper arms as if carrying burdens, being overly concerned with welfare of others or selfishness, grief, sense of broken heart or guarded heart.
The Throat Chakra Our ability to communicate and express ourselves authentically.
- Location Area: Throat, neck, jaw, mouth, teeth and also includes expressing through the hands.
- When Imbalanced, sore throat, stiff neck, shyness, fear of speaking, thyroid problems, arrogance, unable to listen, expression through writing is difficult or over talkative.
The Third Eye Chakra Our intuitive energy. It relates to helping one see their next steps in life and enhances clairvoyance and high sense perceptions. It contributes to profound imagination and vivid dreams.
- Location Area: Forehead between the eyebrows, sinuses, temples, back of lower head at meeting of neck.
- When Imbalanced: Lack or overly abundant in intuition, imagination, wisdom, nightmares, visions and eye problems, migraines.
The Crown Chakra Represents our awareness of higher consciousness, or sacred connection.
- Location Area: The very top of the head.
- When Imbalanced: Feeling ungrounded from reality, disconnected to spirit, closed mindedness or obsessive attachment to spiritual matters.